Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

3 Books That Make Me Long For Warmer Weather

Every week Lost In Books chooses a new topic and asks bloggers to chime in with three books that fit. This week's topic really caught my attention since I'm quite sick of all the snow and cold weather we've had in Maryland.

3 Books That Make Me Long For Warmer Weather

  1. Dune, by Frank Herbert - This book, set on the desert planet of Arrakis, always makes me appreciate the way that people (even made-up ones) can adapt to any environment they find themselves in. I have fond memories of this book from my growing-up years and I'm hoping to do a re-read this year.

  2. Treasure Island, by Robert Louis Stevenson - What is not to love about this rollicking pirate adventure? It makes me want to be marooned on a tropical island ... albeit without the pirates. I read and reread this book many times in my middle school days.

  3. O Jerusalem, by Laurie R. King - This book is part of the Mary Russell & Sherlock Holmes series that I love so much. It is set in the Middle East and really made me appreciate the climate and the cultures of the area.
That's my list ... which book would YOU choose? Feel free to share in the comments or hop over to Lost In Books and join in there.

8 comments:

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

You know I never think about stuff like this when I am reading so it is hard for new to think of books that would fit. I took a moment to sit here and am racking my brain, but everything I think of was set in a cold climate.

bermudaonion said...

I haven't read any of those, but I have to tell you every book makes me long for warmer weather these days!

Hannah Stoneham said...

Great article, thanks for sharing. Personally, I would say anything that is set somewhere really sultry like a Passage to India by E. M. Forster.... fingers crossed it will warm up soon!

Ti said...

Heather, you are going to shake your head at me but I haven't read Treasure Island. I know, I'm ashamed to even admit it.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Nicole - I know, I almost made a list of "cold" books since I've read so many of them!

bermudaonion - I know the feeling. :/

Hannah - Ooh, "sultry" is the perfect word!

Ti - Oh the horror! It's a quick read and lots of fun - you really must give it a try sometime.

Ryan said...

I love Dune, what a wonderful book.

Rebecca Reid said...

I just read Treasure Island and I loved it!

Becca said...

Thanks for participating this week, Heather! You made a fabulous list. Although I haven't read any of these books (even Treasure Island if you can believe it!) your descriptions really showed how it could transport you to a warmer atmosphere. I agree with you that it is time for the snow to go and for summer to arrive!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin