Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Friday, February 19, 2010

Don't miss me while I'm gone ...

because I'll be back shortly!

I need to step out of the blogging world (and away from my computer) for a few days. Hubby was admitted to the hospital on Thursday for his staph infection. At this point they are keeping him until Saturday, possibly longer. He'll be ok, and I'm not really worried about him, but it is stressful. Kiddo can't go see him because his feeding tube is technically an open wound and the drs don't want to risk him getting the infection. Kiddo is ok with that; he's used to being in and out of the hospital, so he's not particularly worried about dad.

My cousin arrives from Georgia in just a few hours and will be staying with me until Wednesday. Kiddo has hockey on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, plus we have church on Sunday. Add in all the family visiting that we'll be doing since my cousin is here, and I've got a VERY busy few days ahead of me.

So I won't be around much, either here or at your blogs, but I'll be back as soon as I can. I've got a review planned for 2/25 so you'll hear from me then for sure. In the meantime, don't anybody post anything so my Google Reader won't get overloaded! ;)

20 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Take care of yourself and your family. We'll be here when you get back.

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

We'll miss you =O) Take the time you need for yourself and your family. Sometimes everyday life takes precedence over everything else.

Melissa said...

We're praying for you & your family!

Neil Richard said...

Take as much time as you need. Which means, you better not be reading this until next week (or later).

In the meantime, enjoy your time with your family. We'll be here when you get back.

Anonymous said...

Heather, I'm sure glad your husband is getting the treatment he needs. You take care and take care that little one. Blogging can wait. Have a good time with your company.

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

Take care of yourself and your family, Heather ... you've got a great attitude (as always)

Unknown said...

I hope your husband isn't in the hospital long and they take care of the infection quickly. Thinking positive thoughts and praying for your family.

Take care and no worries, the light is always on here.
~ Amy

Alyce said...

I wish for you stress-free and relaxing days even amongst the busy-ness. I hope that your husband's staph infection heals quickly!

Anonymous said...

I've only posted once this week, so I'm doing my part for your mental health. :-D

Hope everything goes smoothly!

Michelle said...

Blogging should be the last thing on your mind! Focus on your family, and we'll all send blogging love and prayers your way. Take care of hubby, son, and the family!

Dreamybee said...

Boy, 2010's off to a rockin' start, huh? I hope your hubby gets better soon. Bummer that Kiddo can't go visit him, but that's definitely the best decision, and it's good that he's not freaked out about his dad being in the hospital. Do whatever you need to do to take care of yourself and your family. We'll be here when you get back.

Beth F said...

As I said on Twitter -- hang in there. I hope you're all home together soon.

Ryan said...

Take care of your family. No matter how long you're gone we will be here waiting.

Anonymous said...

I hope your hubby recovers soon!

Photogrl said...

Hope your hubby is on the mend soon!

((HUGS)) and prayers for all of you!

Valerie said...

Sorry to hear about your husband! My cousin's daughter was recently hospitalized for a staph infection as well -- just a few days and then she returned home. I'm sure it'll be no more than a few days for your husband as well. Take care of everyone and yourself, and don't worry about rushing back to blogging.

Anna said...

Sending get well wishes, hugs, and prayers your family's way!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Take care!

Amanda said...

I'll miss you but I hope your hubby gets better ASAP and have a good weekend!

Ti said...

Hope everything goes smoothly at the hospital. Hang in there.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin